Saturday 21 August 2010

A paddling pool and some mysterious orange stuff

Thankfully today in Budgie land things have been a lot calmer – maybe due to the troops sleeping separately or maybe just cos they were scared of the high winds today.

Budgies seem to have hopefully grasped the concept of “budgie shall not bite budgie”

Who is this little white fella Roswell? – is he eating our millet?

bodgies 21-8-10 043

I have my eye on you and yes I did try some of the orange concoction how did you know?

bodgies 21-8-10 008

 

I’m hiding tee hee, she doesn’t know I’m here

bodgies 21-8-10 020

 

I’m a cute little puffball and I wouldn’t ever hurt any budgie

bodgies 21-8-10 002

I found a bargain when I went to do a little shopping, it’s meant to be a “double cat feeding dish” but I thought it would make a great paddling pool for the boys.  So far Monty has ventured in which is a start – the ping pong balls seemed to help :)

budgie paddling pool

In my efforts to vary their diet I made a cauliflower, sweet potato and couscous mash for the birds, they had a slight nibble and will get more tomorrow morning!

There is plenty in the fridge so they’d better like it or it’s on the menu for us this week – sssshhhhh don’t tell the husband!

bodgies 21-8-10 009  

3 comments:

  1. You have such gorgeous budgies!

    Good idea with the cat dish =]

    -Corina & The flock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Corina, I appreciate your comments!
    They know how special they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of Jerry sitting in the doorway. Love the new paddling pool too! Hope they all start using it. :)

    ReplyDelete