Thursday 29 July 2010

a very dominant budgie, poser, bite that toy!

Monty has been at his most dominant and displaying today, not sure why the littlest, oldest budgie feels this way today but he has been showing it a lot. He’s been skipping and hopping around with his little tail right up on the air. I wonder if anyone else's birds do this, I have never seen it before. It’s really funny to watch, it’s like his tail is a little aerial as the ones they have on remote control cars.

A Trill powered Monty

monty dominant posture

Roswell has been up to his posing again, as soon as I point a camera his way he poses, he’s so comfortable in front of the camera and sometimes squawks at me if I put it away or direct it at another of the budgies.

I’m ready for my close-up

roswell poser

I am pleased to report that the new toy is very popular and anyone that is anyone has had a bite or a prod of it.

Lets pull this sucker apart, it’s just so damn colourful and offensive

all budgies must bite the new toy

4 comments:

  1. LOL @ Roswell posing with his foot up. He sooo loves the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does, he's so cute and he knows it :)

    What do you think of Monty's dominant tail up in the air, weird eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a budgie with the tail in the positioned like Monty. But then I've never seen a Budgie King before.... Does he sleep with it in the same position or does he lower his defences then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no he doesn't sleep with his tail up! He only does it when he's dancing around showing the others who is the boss!

    ReplyDelete