Friday 16 September 2011

Brave budgies? - I think not.

The new toy - a wonderful ladder with lots of colourful things and nice wood to chew - has been here for a couple of weeks now and the budgies have barely been near it!

I have tried putting it in the following places:

inside a cage, stretched from side to side, hanging down from the main mirror on the wall, on top of a cage, across the front of a cage, hanging down the front of a cage.

It's been mostly ignored and feared.

The closest they have got so far to it is Lilek biting some of the blue plastic chains when I have dangled them in front of him.

They can be such scardy birds at times. If I was a budgie (which I am not, I think) I would love this toy!

The contrived tree rends a healthy workload.









 

 

8 comments:

  1. Naughty scaredy budgies! Have you tried draping basil or any other food over the ladder? It looks too lovely to be ignored. Maybe Lilek (or Jerry - he's quite close to it but does look a tad petrified!) will rally the troops around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry always looks scared! - I have no idea why!

    I am worried that if I put basil on it I wont be able to clean it. It doesn't look easy to clean. So far it hasn't got dirty cos they are scared of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the new stainless steel toy bits you ordered yet?

    I've got a package arriving from the US soon too. Should be here tomorrow. Very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stace

    Yes I did!

    They got here Saturday morning. I just have to work out how to attach them to toys and we're off and away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get some O rings as well? If so, you need two pairs of pliers to open and close, one in each hand - and opened sideways rather than out, if you know what I mean. Or use a piece of leather or string, tied and snipped off with no ends loose.

    You'll figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't. Couldn't afford anything else!

    I'll figure something, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Brave budgies? – I think not. (featheredfiends.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] Continue the exercises and be patient. Never give up when budgie’s become stubborn. Have patience in outwitting the bird. Motivate your bird by treating good food after an accomplished performance. Mouse here for Related LinksBrave budgies? – I think not. [...]

    ReplyDelete