Monday 16 May 2011

Some of the Green Stuff

I can't seem to wean the budgies off of Basil, I keep trying new herbs but they either hate them or just feel apathetic towards them.

Even the old favourite Coriander seems to be more miss than hit these days.

Maybe Basil has some magical property for budgies that I am yet to fathom out.

Anyway they still love it and always rush over when I put it out - in fact Monty and Lilek are usually on it nibbling before I can put it down for them.

They hate mint, it's a shame because I'd quite like the house to smell of mint for a change, Dill makes it smell buttery and Basil makes me want a salad but maybe the mint will bring the desire for Polos.

Photos as always!















2 comments:

  1. Have you tried rosemary? Mine loves to pull the stiff little spikey bits off. Makes him smell like budgie roast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try Rosemary and Thyme, mostly ignored!

    Shame cos they smell lovely!

    ReplyDelete